In one ancient world, there was a region where strange majicks and demihuman races thrived. The “Vanished Lands” were blessed by the gods and cursed by prophecy. Travelers became adventurers, and adventurers strove to be heroes in the face of many perils and wonders….
Player Character Party 45 for Gene D.’s “Vanished Lands: Northern Frontier” monthly fantasy campaign, using Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition, Groups.io, Obsidian Portal, Google Drive and Jamboard, and Roll Dice With Friends, as of winter/spring 2021:
- “Felsbrocken Stonefrost” [Corbin A.Y.]: male Khaz Alchemist (Mountain Dwarf herbalist) from a merchant family; curious experimenter; Neutral
- “Hesmyn Fiddlefen” [Dexter V.H.]: male Forest Gnome Rogue (Arcane Trickster) with ferret Felicity; Chaotic Good
- “Harukor Shinda” [Beruk A.]: male Karsuk/Tsucharim human Cleric of Hendlir, guardian of the ways (Twilight Domain), and blind warrior; Neutral Good
- “Sunny Fregard” [Sara F.C.]: female Wolfen Barbarian (Path of the Beast) and folk hero; Chaotic Good
- “?” [Byron V.O.]: male Avariel (winged Elf) Ranger; Neutral Good?
22 February 1224 B.C.E.: Decades after the heirs of champions traveled the planes [see John Z.G.’s AD&D2 “Gwynedd in Greyhawk”] and “Faelonia” first left the Underdark, diplomats explored the far east [see “A New Dawn”]. Meanwhile, the “Storm Riders,” “Shadow Wyvern Company,” and “Holy Steel” contended with the growing Ghost Fleet on the Sea of Nagendwa, and the “Talons of Tanis” had yet to begin their adventures in distant Khemet [New Kingdom Egypt].
Far to the north, another group of wanderers arrives at the village of Pugil, high in the Ivory Mountains. They meet in the “Demon’s Loo” tavern, where Felsbrocken offers concoctions from his family’s stores to spice up the local goat stew. The local Dwarves are standoffish.
Hesmyn notes that woodland creatures are uneasy, while onetime squire Harukor seeks a cure for his curse of blindness.
Later that night, the newcomers all have nightmares, but Sunny’s is especially vivid. She observes a procession of pale Elves in a great hall. In another chamber, the Wolfen sees a large humanoid figure with flaming eyes sitting on a stone throne, with a huge reddish dragon curled at his feet….
Sunny’s cries wake everyone in the inn, and Harukor casts Guidance to calm the Barbarian….