Tempestade (Fate Test)
High Concept: Trained in The Dance of War
- Break the Chains, Burn the Masters
- The Indirect Way is Best
- Quest for a Homeland
- Displaced Traveler
- Otih is my Orisha
|Combat Dodge||Athletics||+1 to Athletics to Defend in combat||LoA pg. 76|
|Martial Artist||Fists||+1 additional when invoking an aspect placed on your opponent for a total of +3||LoA pg. 90|
|Linguist||Academics||Five extra languages.||LoA pg. 64|
Backstory: Tempestade was born Miguel, a slave to the Candyland plantation, one of the largest plantations in the Mina Gerais state in Brazil. In his youth he was told that it would take more than a day to cross the land owned by Lord Yves d’Agneau, the Mestre of the estate. Candyland was organized into different villages, each working different fields. Miguel lived in Rio de Cidade a “port” town where sugarcane, coffee, and other crops were taken for transport downriver. The river proved to be his means of escape.
One day Miduel noticed several men hiding in a cart of sugarcane, the bosses were passed out drunk in the noon sun so they didn’t. Miguel seized his opportunity and stowed away with them. They were not happy having such an inexperienced boy along with them, however kicking him out would attract more attention than letting him stay.
He followed the men back to a small Mocambos hidden in the forest. Lead by a man named Armadeiras. While other runaway salves were content to live and enjoy their freedom, he was not. He taught the runaways how to fight back against their former owners. Teaching how to fight back against those much more powerful including stealth, sabotage and Capoeria.
While there Miguel was taught to hide, when to fight, and when not to fight. One fateful night while practicing in a storm Armadeiras cam out and watched Miguel training. He was impressed enough to baptist Miguel as Tempestade. Tempestade joined the men for a bit raiding until the bosses became sick of it.
One day they came with metal monsters bellowing smoke and fire, gun that shot lightning and airships that dropped fire. Armadeiras told them to run and meet up later. Every man would look for a new place to set up the Mocambos.
Tempestade ran and found something strange, a small red headed man, he offered to send Tempestade to a place where he could find a new home for his people. All he asked in return was when he came back to do as much damage as possible to his former bosses. Tempestade agreed and just as he was sent he noticed the man’s backwards feet.
Soon after the man sent him to this new land he found Vistels circus and began traveling with them.
- Nationality/homeland/home town: Beyond the “Vanished Lands”
- Description (mannerisms, image links, etc.):
- Motivations: Code of honor/secrecy
- " Giacomo ‘the Mysterious’ Du Vane " [Beruk A.]-male Hifalendorin human Mage (Gypsy Wizard) and stage seer, embittered by experiences in Hesolin’s Magisterium; NGc, Lvl. 4
- " Hamfast Hammerfist " [Brian W.]-male Zeda human Fighter, mountaineer, “barbarian” strongman, and laborer; TNg, Lvl. 4
- " Scully Strongbow " [Sara F.]-female albino Gnoll (Flind) Ranger, archer, knife thrower, and scout, with owl “Owlicious”; NGl, Lvl. 4
- " Corwin Windsong " [Bruce K.]-male Half-Elf Bard, runaway aristocrat, ladies’ man, and ringmaster with a mandolin; CNg, Lvl. 1
- " Elsa Fairbottom " [Rich C.G.]-female Hill Dwarf Druid outcast, cook/brewer, and animal handler with owlbear cub “Oswald”; NGc, Lvl. 4
- " Tempestade " [Josh C.]-male Barbari human Monk (Battledancer/capoeirista from outside the “Vanished Lands”), roustabout; CGl, Lvl. 4
- " Radius " [Jason E.R./departed ]-male Modron Paladin of Primus, lord of Nirvana; exiled to the Prime Material plane; LGn, Lvl. 4